Pages

Tuesday 1 September 2020

letter

 Hello, readers today in reading we have to write a letter like we are the soldier in the war. here is my letter.

hello, family, this is a letter about the war from your son. It is horrible at war where ever I look there are people dying. I wish I could come home but I have to fight for my country. People are yelling at me to get down. The boat ride to Gallipoli was hard and I felt like I was going to be seasick but I had to try and be strong for my soldiers. The captain rode us to the wrong place. When we tried to search the island we got ambushed by the Turkish. we fought hard but most of our men died I will remember this day forever as it haunts me in my nightmares. I think I am slowly going deaf from all the explosions and gunfire. The trenches smell of rotten food and blood from the soldiers that got shot. I can't wait to see you and my brother and sister again


You sincerely Jeff Armstong   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about