Pages

Thursday 18 March 2021

bio

 Hello readers. In bio we have been learning about the heart.

We cut open the heart to see all the things we were learning about in class. The thing that we cut up was a sheep heart because it is like our heart in someway.

I thought I would see the septum in the heart keeps the right and left side apart. We cut it in half I saw the valve in the top in takes the blood and pump's  it around the body of the heart it was really interesting and I wanted to see more of the heart.

We put gloves on so we could not touch the heart and don't get sick from the heat  we cut up the right side first it was thick put not as thick as the left side. Then we got to cut the heart in half so you had two pieces.

I found out the heart strings that keep the hart together it was very strong when it looked like it would break. The right side was really thick and I thought it was not going to be that think for the heart.

We cut up the heart to see what is inside and we found  a lot of things in the heart that I haven't seen be for and I wanted to see more.

The left side of the heart pumps the blood around the body while the right gives the lungs the carbon dioxide the heart strings keeps heart from exploding in your body and it keeps the vales from passing the blood the wrong way.

I liked the dissecting because it is fun look at the body and using tools that I might not use in the future hope you like my blog post see you later. 


Heart Health and Aging | National Institute on Aging






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about