Pages

Friday 23 October 2020

Going back to gilberthorpe

 Hello reader today in this blog post I went back to Gilberthorpe. I went back there because I was talking about the Hornby High and how great it is. I went with three other people and some teachers. This is the speech about what I said at Gilberthorpe.

Hello my name is Angus I am year 8, I go to Hornby High school. My kahui is Tieke.  The best thing about Hornby High is the Teachers. They are all nice and they like to help you learn. I am going to talk to you about one thing today and that is our Technology and languages. Technology is four different learning topics there is wood, food, sewing and DVC - . Wood is when you make things out of wood like fans and whistles. You get to use a band saw and a lot of different tools. In food you get to make a lot of yummy things like apple pie, pasta and gingerbread. In food you get to use the oven and a lot of different cooking items In sewing you get to make monster pillows, bags and you get to use sewing machines and you get to learn how to hand stitch. In DVC you get to use Acrylic to  make phone stands, cars and key rings. When you make key rings you get to use the laser cutter the laser cutter cuts the photo  in the key ring. Now I will be talking to you about the different language that we learn. One of the classes that we learn is Maori. In Maori we get to read books in Maori and we get to learn about there karakia. In japanese we get to learn how to ask what their name is and how to count to ten. At the end of the learning program we get to play sumo wrestling and explore their food in their culture. We like to  celebrate the culture week and we like to change our bell to a nice culturel song.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Angus

    I am so proud of the work you did on behalf of HHS and presenting at Gilberthorpe. You wrote a great speech, and I loved the feedback Mr Scott gave about how well you presented yourself.

    Keep up the great work and taking on leadership roles within our school.

    Ka mau te wehi!
    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about